Event viewer info after a HTPC shutdown

dar124

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've been in the process of putting together a HTPC. It's a little Habey 800B case with a ASRock E350-M1 motherboard running W7 64 bit. I havent had any issues with it while installing Windows or any of the misc programs (Office, MSE, XBMC, etc). But I recently turned it on in the morning and was going to let it run all day so that I could remote to it from work and work on it when I had a few free minutes. But when I got to work and finally got some time, it showed as being offline??? I figured that it had gone to sleep. So the next day I connected a monitor/keyboard/mouse to it, booted it and it showed that Windows had shut down unexpectedly. I selected the "Load Windows normally" option and then set the power options to "never" sleep. I attempted the same thing the next day, and again it was off when I tried to connect to it???

It took me a few days to get back to looking at it. After booting and messing around with it for a bit it seemed a bit sluggish and froze once, requiring a manual reboot. I checked the Event Logs and took as many screen shots as I could. I posted the screen shots below hoping that someone can give me some info from the Event log info.

Someone here at work suggested I search for the .dmp files to see if they would give any further info. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Error1.jpg

Error2.jpg

Error3.jpg

Error4.jpg

Error5.jpg

This is the full text from the above User Profile Service error.

Error6.jpg

Also the last couple of times I manually rebooted, I got this screen???

Error7.jpg

Alright, I've done a bit more work on this HTPC. Because of that disk read error, I wanted to try a different HD in the PC. So I brought a used one home from work, imaged my old drive and put the image on the drive from work. When I booted the HTPC I got the error below.

Error8.jpg

I clicked on "close program" and the HTPC ran all day yesterday seemingly without any issues.

This seems to indicate an error with the WHS Launchpad. But since the HD has now been changed, it could have been a combination of the HD and a Launchpad issue?? Does anyone know if there are any known issues with Launchpad and XBMC, or Launchpad and W7 64bit, or Launchpad and ASRock E350-M1 motherboards?? I wouldnt think there would be any compatibility problems, but figured that I'd ask.

I also checked the error logs and posted some screen shots below, again hoping that someone could give me some additional info on them. And finally another thing I noticed is that the date was wrong, the HTPC showed today as the 4th. I corrected the date this morning. Would an incorrect date affect anything with the Launchpad software??

I think my next step will be to remove the Launchpad software and try running the PC to see if I get any errors. I would like to eveuntally reinstall it to make working with WHS a bit easier.

Error9.jpg

Error10.jpg

Error11.jpg

Looks like a disk error to me. You had an error in your event log regarding a disk error, and you had a few boots that were disk related, too.

That makes sense, because after swapping the drives the PC no longer randomly reboots.

So this Launchpad error that I'm now getting would seem to be an unrelated issue then?? When I get a chance I'll try to uninstall & re-install the software to see if that helps anything.

If you had a disk error, you probably have some corrupt data on the disk. Cloning it over, you carried over bad data. The program might be corrupt and a reinstall could fix it.

I'd be more worried about the stuff on the disk that could be corrupt that you don't know about. :(

Ok, I'll give uninstalling and re-installing the Launchpad software a try and then will look over the event log to see if the errors are still happening.

This is a fresh install of W7, with minimal additional programs. So I wouldnt think that there could be a lot of things that are corrupt on the disk?? Although, I wouldnt have thought that the WHS Launchpad software would cause any issues either.

So, I uninstalled the WHS connector software and XBMC on the 4th and there has only been one thing show up in the Event Viewer since then. And I haven't had any issues when booting into Windows. I also uninstalled XBMC because I recently upgraded to Gotham and just figured that maybe there was a problem with the upgrade. I'll slowly reinstall and verify that everything is working normally as I go.

I've also posted a few shots of the Event Viewer to make sure that anything that is showing up in the past couple of days isn't a major issue. Thanks again for any input.

Error11.jpg

And detail of the top 4 entries in the Event Viewer

Error12.jpg

Error13.jpg

Error14.jpg

Error15.jpg

Quick update:

I reinstalled the WHS connector software and the error's and system shutdowns started happening again. I removed it and reinstalled XBMC and havent had any issues since.

I guess I can do without the WHS software on the HTPC, especially if it prevents the computer from randomly shutting down and continually getting errors all the time.

Back