So I just put together the system in my sig - buying a new cpu, mb, ram, vid card, case, psu, hd & 22" lcd, and cannibalizing the rest from my previous machine.
After putting the system together, I'm a bit unhappy with its 10941 3DMark06 rating, so I want to tweak the performance. My new BiostarTFORCE TA780G M2+ motherboard has three standard BIOS-level overclock settings: V6, V8 & V12, ranked in order of aggressiveness. But even on the mildest auto-overclock setting, my system refuses to boot properly.
The settings for the mild V6 overclock follow (the only difference between the bare stock and the V6 settings seems to be +5.00V at 4.999 vs the standard settings of 4.972).
I'm not a serious overclocker, so please give me concrete suggestions of settings to try that should work on my current air-cooled system
Default MB Settings
CPU Temp: 33
Sys Temp: 36
CPU Fan: 2812
Sys Fan: N/A
CPU Voltage: 1.408
Chip Voltage: 1.136
+3.30V: 3.312
+5.00V: 4.972
+12.0V: 12.032
DDR Voltage: 1.936
HT Voltage: 1.184
5VSB: 4.784
VBAT: 3.344
After putting the system together, I'm a bit unhappy with its 10941 3DMark06 rating, so I want to tweak the performance. My new BiostarTFORCE TA780G M2+ motherboard has three standard BIOS-level overclock settings: V6, V8 & V12, ranked in order of aggressiveness. But even on the mildest auto-overclock setting, my system refuses to boot properly.
The settings for the mild V6 overclock follow (the only difference between the bare stock and the V6 settings seems to be +5.00V at 4.999 vs the standard settings of 4.972).
I'm not a serious overclocker, so please give me concrete suggestions of settings to try that should work on my current air-cooled system
Default MB Settings
CPU Temp: 33
Sys Temp: 36
CPU Fan: 2812
Sys Fan: N/A
CPU Voltage: 1.408
Chip Voltage: 1.136
+3.30V: 3.312
+5.00V: 4.972
+12.0V: 12.032
DDR Voltage: 1.936
HT Voltage: 1.184
5VSB: 4.784
VBAT: 3.344