EVE Account Issue Need Advice

ShotFromBehind

Limp Gawd
So I have played EVE with a trail a few times and I finally decided to purchase it the other day. Problem is I bought it for the wrong account and didn't know this till after. I tried petitioning but it has been over a day now.

My question is what is the best way to go about correcting the issue or is petitioning the only support EVE has?

Be patient. The petition system takes time. If possible, change your current petition to a billing petition since those get higher priority. Also, to show them that you really don't want to play your current account, I would suggest not logging onto the game and using the website to monitor the petition. If you hear back and it's not the answer you wanted, escalate the petition (basically asking to see the manager). If escalating several times fails, then you can bite the bullet and either change which account you pay for or do a character transfer.

Am I the only person that finds this system ridiculous for dealing with billing issues. I think it is fine for dealing with in-game issues but which it comes to actual money and service it seems absurd. Just my thoughts anyway.

Am I the only person that finds this system ridiculous for dealing with billing issues. I think it is fine for dealing with in-game issues but which it comes to actual money and service it seems absurd. Just my thoughts anyway.

Welcome to EVE. Get used to it. Sorry to be blunt but get used to it. Be thankful you aren't petitioning about a server-side or lag related issue or all you would receive are copy-paste canned replies.

On a more productive note. For account and billing related issues they typically take 2-7 days to reply. I've had my share of experience with those petitions during my time playing. Just be sure you check frequently because they usually require more information, so if you take your sweet time responding, it'll just take that much longer.

lol I was just about to post the same before work pc broke^.

You cocked something up by not paying enough attention / knowing what you were doing, have waited a whole day :eek: hoping someone else will fix your mistake and now decided the system is buggered? Really no, but welcome to eve, learn to live with the consequences of your actions.

Fwiw in my experience the petition system is fine & often very helpful for account type issues (of which there happen to be a few at the moment due to some real tech problem) - but the queues are not helped by people making silly mistakes and expecting to get fixed.

cut your losses, roll with the characters you have (or start new/better char on that account with your new gained knowledge & experience.. 3 slots for a reason.).. only trial account so not much game time lost and in any case alts are always useful.

Don't forget that running multiple accounts is pretty awesome. Why not activate both?

My question is what is the best way to go about correcting the issue or is petitioning the only support EVE has?
Petitioning is not the only support EVE has, it is the support EVE has, be happy that you aren't routed though a multitude of web pages and KB articles that don't apply to you issue like when you try to get something sorted out with SOE.

My experience with petitions has been a mixed bag. Stuck petitions and fleet fight node reinforcement requests are handles in under 5 minutes in my experience. I once waited 13 weeks for a carrier reimbursement. CCP is being totally retarded about my petition to find out who owns an in-game channel citing "privacy considerations".

Your petition will be answered in a few days, and they will say that there's nothing they can do since the charge already went through and the game time was applied, yadda yadda yadda. It's $15, consider it one of life's lessons and move on.

Back