• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EV2736 vs VP2770

retrok

n00b
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
5
Hey,

I'm looking for a replacement of my Dell U2711.
After reading some reviews on Prad.de, the EV2736 and the VP2770 were the most interesting ones for me (non aggresive AG coating, 27", 1440p).

I can get the EV2736 for ~700€ and the VP2770 for ~600€ and they are mostly for Photoshop/After Effects and some gaming (but not really competitive and almost no FPS games).

Which one would you prefer?
Are there better alternatives except the Korean ones (max ~950€)?

Also, I might buy a calibration tool. Is the Spyder4Elite (189€) or the i1Display Pro (179€) the better choice for those screens?

Cheers!
 
If I remember right, I think they are pretty close spec-wise. One difference may be the 5 year electronics warranty on the Eizo vs the 3 year on the Viewsonic. I know one person here really liked the interpolation on the Eizo, so I guess that could matter too.

Personally if the prices are that close, I'd lean towards the Eizo, just for the better quality control reputation + little longer warranty. You probably need someone like NCX to comment on any other difference, or someone who has seen them in person.
 
Thanks for your input!

The interpolation could be important to me. In some games ultra settings in 2560x1440 are too demanding and then most of the time I prefer ultra settings in 1080p over mid settings in 1440p.

More feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers
 
Is EV2736 not sold in US?

I have tried two different VP2770 and they both had color temperature issues. Much cooler on one side compared to the other.
 
Last edited:
I'm from Germany so I don't really know many U.S. sellers, but Amazon.com has it.
 
Amazon in Europe has it but not in US. The ones listed on Amazon US are from third party sellers and mostly from Japan.
 
Oh yeah, you're right. Weird that it's not sold in the U.S., it seems like a good screen.
 
Back
Top