EU Reportedly Won't Investigate Google Tax Issues

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google getting a pass on tax issues from the European Commission? Does anyone have the phone number for Hell? We might want to give them a call and see it is frozen over down there. :eek:

The Commission's antitrust chief, Margrethe Vestager, is currently investigating whether or not Alphabet, Google's parent company, abuses its market dominance in search and mobile software to edge out competitors. But the Commission will not be extending its probe to address questions of back taxes, according to a report Monday by Reuters.

Is it because they think they will already get enough from Apple when that deal is settled?

Just wait and see who in the Gov buys the shiny new boat or car. There ya go...

It may sound crazy but I can totally imagine Google mentioning certain search queries/chat logs/emails finding their way to the media. I think fucking with Apple is a lot safer bet. Google is just too powerful.

I kind of like this Vestager woman. She seems to be doing a good job.

Google lobbyists did what Apple lobbyists couldn't do? :)

Just wait and see who in the Gov buys the shiny new boat or car. There ya go...

No, but Margrethe Vestager probably uses Google as their search engine, they probably have all they need on them to not even have to bother with a bribe. :sneaky:

Google may have started spreading around the payola in the EU like they have been doing in the US for so long. Sometimes it's cheaper to just buy the government.

Back