ethical?

filthysanchez

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
2,669
would it be wrong to deduct the cost of the power used to power you machines on your taxes, since it's charity work, and the cost of it's coming out of your pockets?
 
i do'nt know how that would work though, since you do'nt get a tax receipt by folding
 
this has been through much discussion and always ends with no...there is no way to use folding as a tax break...but if you find a legal way then please tell :)
 
roftranspo said:
this has been through much discussion and always ends with no...there is no way to use folding as a tax break...but if you find a legal way then please tell :)
If under charitable deductions, you can prove your computer usuage for solely stanford, should you be audited, that you have x machines that consume x amount power, then deduct it.
You can also write off the the cost of the equipment prorata annually, if you find the IRS guidelines for a computers life
 
so, people like marty should be able to deduct quite a bit on their returns if they file it rihgt?
 
Not a one true tax consultant here that I know of. If I could deduct though, I would be a happy man this year. :D
 
Actually I have computers that were bought and have been used solely for folding. If you could right off the computer also that would be a big deal.
 
Back
Top