Ethical Hacking Training

berky

2[H]4U
So we're looking into getting some training on ethical hacking and whatnot. Does anyone have any experience with a certain training organization? good/bad?

So far, I've only looked at SANS and InfoSec Institute.

Thanks.

As far as I could ever tell, most of those cons/courses were mostly basic, basic training that they rush you through to give you a mostly worthless cert and take your money. If you want decent training, get a copy of Damn Vulnerable Linux and read the documentation and get a stack of O'reilly books on network security tools - should get you just as far or farther than the classes would at a fraction of the cost.

SANS has great training courses. I can't comment on their ethical hacking course, but I know the Perimeter Protection In-Depth was a valuable course for me.

As far as I could ever tell, most of those cons/courses were mostly basic, basic training that they rush you through to give you a mostly worthless cert and take your money.

That's why I was posting here to see if anyone has experience with any that are actually good.

If you want decent training, get a copy of Damn Vulnerable Linux and read the documentation and get a stack of O'reilly books on network security tools - should get you just as far or farther than the classes would at a fraction of the cost.

I never heard of DVL before but I started looking at it. Sounds really cool, so I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the info.

Back