Ethernet WIC for 2811 that can NAT

Is there an ethernet WIC/HWIC that supports NAT for the 2811. I have one 4 port 10/100 card but it doesn't support NAT overload.

Why doesn't it? The SVI should support overload.

The HWIC-1FE (I think that's the right PN) is a routed FE HWIC for the ISRs.

The SVI supports overload, just not something that I want to do on this situation. I want a full layer 3 port, not an L2 switch.

The HWIC-1FE is what I need =) Thanks!

If I recall, you need T line code to run those. Might save you a headache since "sh diag" will say all is good :)

I never found a real use for NAT on a stick (e.g. NAT on a loopback as "outside" and hairpin back on the inside). Not sure of your requirements but maybe that could solve your problem if you've got limited interfaces instead of buying a new module. (Never tried it though, so don't blame me if it goes up in smoke)

If I recall, you need T line code to run those. Might save you a headache since "sh diag" will say all is good :)

I never found a real use for NAT on a stick (e.g. NAT on a loopback as "outside" and hairpin back on the inside). Not sure of your requirements but maybe that could solve your problem if you've got limited interfaces instead of buying a new module. (Never tried it though, so don't blame me if it goes up in smoke)

He's got the SVIs, so he shouldn't need to worry about NAT on a stick.

I had to do it once at a DR test. It was really cool, but made my brain hurt.

Back