Ethernet problems

arrgon

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
99
I just had to format my computer due to freezing issues and when I did so, I forgot to unplug my ethernet cable and now after reinstalling windows and other things Windows didn't detect my ethernet card. I have an epox 8rda6+pro, thanks if anyone knows a way to fix it, I just really don't want to start all over.
 
Have you downloaded and installed your MB drivers from the epox website? Chances are windows doesn't have the required drivers pre-installed for running their proprietary hardware.
 
Are you using onboard ethernet or seperate card?

If onboard: Install drivers from your mobo driver disk, then go update online.

If seperate card: Install drivers from your NIC driver disk, then go get the latest online.
 
the problem is that I've installed the drivers and windows still isn't detecting the NIC card, I'm starting to wonder if I need to reinstall windows in order to get it to detect it which is just a huge hassle
 
The only thing that shows up is something called other pci bridge which when I install the driver on that doesn't work. If I just try to flat install a new device as the network card it still doesn't work. The unified epox driver didn't make it work. Not really sure of the problem. I can only assume that Windows won't detect it now unless I reinstall or else yet another epox board has gone bad on me, and I don't believe it to be the board.
 
I'm assuming this is onboard.

Check the BIOS and make sure that the NIC didn't get disabled somehow.

Where did you install the drivers from? Disk or downloaded fresh from internet?
 
blackrino9 said:
I'm assuming this is onboard.

Check the BIOS and make sure that the NIC didn't get disabled somehow.

Where did you install the drivers from? Disk or downloaded fresh from internet?

if not onboard - move it to a different PCI slot..
 
this happened to a friend of mine a while back.
what he did:
uninstalled the drivers, and took out the NIC. rebooted, switched off, installed the NIC, then it detected the NIC and he installed its drivers.

if it doesnt work make sure PnP is enabled.
 
Back
Top