Ethereum Wallet help

sgrinavi

Fully [H]
Apparently I'm a complete idiot when it comes to the Ethereum wallet.

I downloaded and installed Mist and Ethereum wallet from GitHub, created a wallet and transferred some tokens into it. I quit the programs and went about my business. When I reopened them yesterday and my wallet was gone. I looked up the wallet number on etherchain.org and can see the tokens there, but can't find it in my wallet.

Do I kiss my $200 worth of tokens goodbye or is there a way to recover them?

maybe.

pics of the app and what I looks like? basically looking for confirming that it's fully synced.

did you check your %appdata% folder under your user profile for the data file?

I will say... the windows version of the app is SSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTT.

Most likely the wallet just needs time to sync. Since you shut it down, it's still looking at very old data that doesn't include your transaction. Let it run for a while (can take up to a few days to sync).

maybe.

pics of the app and what I looks like? basically looking for confirming that it's fully synced.

did you check your %appdata% folder under your user profile for the data file?

I will say... the windows version of the app is SSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTT.

That's not the wallet number that I had the first time I opened the app and made the transfer, that one is gone

Capture.PNG

Update, I found the wallet # that I need in a keystore folder, how do I open that wallet? The "import wallet" choice is grayed out

Update #2 - restarted the wallet app and was able to import the wallet in question. Now how do I see my tokens? They were defiantly transferred to my wallet number

Update #3 - HA! Found the place to see the tokens, entered the contract number and the rest auto-filled in. Showing 0 tokens though.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    90.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I have found Ethereum Wallet to be a hog in windows. I was able to import my wallet, and i am currently on day 2 of updating the blockchain, to hopefully be able to view my balance...

I have been yet to be able to sync the blockchain, it got pst 3 million of 5 million then restarted, now stuck around 2.4 million with no luck.

It said that there's a new version when I started but there's no new version when i go to https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases

Not sure what to do, I'd like to be able to test mining and let it go 24 hours..

So how do I get a working non exchange wallet? Ahh, I'm such a noob...:)

electrum wallets help with running a 'local' wallet since you don't download the blockchain but tap into someone else's node.

That said as far as i know there isn't an ethereum electrum wallet. I would use exodus if possible as it is highly recommended. I haven't used exodus since its really early days though so I'm no help in functionality of it these days. I'm not sure if it supports tokens, i know parity does but I've zero experience with it.

Sure, but this is a hobby so I don't have that much invested and I have it spread around between four different exchanges.
I'm in the same boat, gonna be running just a single 1080 GPU on water with my gaming rig when not gaming, figure it might pay itself off slightly or buy me lunch on occasion. So you mine ETH or mine another coin then exchange for eth/other coin?

I'm in the same boat, gonna be running just a single 1080 GPU on water with my gaming rig when not gaming, figure it might pay itself off slightly or buy me lunch on occasion. So you mine ETH or mine another coin then exchange for eth/other coin?

Most of the time its more profitable to mine equihash or neoscrpyt with nvidia, you can use nicehash if you don't mind huge BTC fee's or miningpoolhub which can auto-exchange into any coin you want for payout. You could have it auto exchange to LTC/ETH and send directly to your coinbase so you can cash out easily. I personally convert to VTC for low network fee's so I don't have to keep a lot on a website then just shapeshift in bulk to what I'm trying to hold.

I farted around for about two weeks doing minergate and minerpool and didn't make enough to transfer lol. I mined eth for a week on ethermine.org , got paid about $40 and then switched to nicehash where I mined $75 worth in a week. I transfer the bitcoin and ether to coinbase then to other exchanges.

I'm thinking about going back to minerpool and try out their auto-switching

My current issue with my wallet is making me nuts, I can't get these tokens to show up

SO - back to the original topic

I figured it out, I had the wrong contract address, there's more than one token with that name - duh. Got my worthless tokens in my wallet!
Capture.PNG

Thanks for the help!

Back