ESXi & windows 2008

  • Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

Guest
It is sloooow with no roles or nothing. What gives? I installed win2k8, all updates & the vmware tools. It seriously takes 10-15min to boot, and, the performance sucks.

My win2k3 ad/dc/exchange vm boots faster.

I can not find anything that really attributes to the lack-luster performance. Anyone have any insight?
 
Did you give it enough RAM? Sounds like it's swapping to disk like crazy.
 
Have you tried RDPing into the VM. The user interface stuff can be a bit laggy through the vcenter console.
 
Check, don't trust what it gave it by default. Make sure you're on the LSI Logic controller of some kind.
 
ok, so we've got the right controller for the right OS. SAN or local disk?
 
Local disk. I looked at the VM I had setup, it also had 2gb of ram.
 
The esxi box has a 5600+ BE oc'd to 3ghz. Anything else but a win2k8 VM runs ace.
 
2008 Server is a little more sluggish than 2003, but for my VMs, it's nowhere near as bad as what you are saying. Perhaps some unsupported hardware or something?
 
Back
Top