• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ESXi VM-Datastore Hitachi 7K500 vs E7K500?

hotzen

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 29, 2011
Messages
349
Hello,

I dont even need 500Gb for VMs (ESXi Datastore) so I thought I will go with fast and reliable 2.5" drives. Is this a bad idea?

I plan to purchase two 500Gb 2.5" Hitachi E7K500 HDDs and wonder if the "certification for continuous operation" (excuse the poor translation) is worth the 20 EUR price-premium over the normal 7K500?

BTW, any advice on the cheapest RAID-1 capable controller for ESXi? Is it the M1015 or are there cheapter alternatives since only 2 ports are required...

Thank you
 
I'm using the E7k500 drives in Raid 10 and they've been rock solid. Never used the others in this capacity, though.
 
Back
Top