ESXi and VM FAH

dr_latino999

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 15, 2008
Messages
130
Is there a VM that will load into ESXi 3.5 for FAH successfully or is my only option to build an OS for each virtual instance of FAH?

I did try the appliance listed in the guide but ESXi can't load it.
 
I think you will have to build your own, but if you run SMP, you only need one instance.
 
run the VM through VMware converter.

Or what VM are you using, i assume Notfred because ESXi only supports 4 cores
 
I've run the VM through the converter and it came up with an error but I'll try it again on Monday when I'm back in the office. I'm using ESXi as the host on an older box I use for development, 2xXeon @ 2.6GHz from the P4 days and 6 Gb ram. I don't use all of the power at any given time so why not run a couple VM's.
 
I'm using a demo license for vcetner, that unlocks all the features. I just use a fresh win2k3 vm every 60 days to reinstall vcenter. However i have a cluster so if it just for one system that's not practical at all.
 
I tried the ISO image, and it won't boot due to improper network settings. I set them correctly in the ISO generator, and they even display properly on the notification, so I'm a little stumped.The only thing I'm lacking is the field for TFTP Server IP, what exactly is that?
 
Back
Top