• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Esxi 9 install

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
1,295
I have a Lenovo P720 that has esxi 8 on it. Want to install 9. I know many alements since Broadcom bought vmware but I still run it.

Anyway as mentioned 8 installed fine but 9 stops here.
Any guidance appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • 20251023_051014.jpg
    20251023_051014.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 0
Silly question for you, have you checked the website for that software or the forums for it?

Outside of that I can only suggest doing internet searches or Reddit.

Sorry.
 
Silly question for you, have you checked the website for that software or the forums for it?

Outside of that I can only suggest doing internet searches or Reddit.

Sorry.
been googling and getting nowhere. I did see someone say hyperthread so turned it off..

I did do UEFI boot.. gonna do legacy next (when i get home from work)
 
Turns out it is my cpu's are not supported. Force upgrade and broke it... Went back to esxi 8 cuz not spending $500 x2 for a test environment.
 
Back
Top