ESXi 4.1 on X8SIL-F

I'm going to check on mine when I get home tonight. I haven't had any issues thus far and I'm not using all the headers but I haven't checked the directories to see if they are full. I have 16GB USB drives in mine so it might just be taking a while to fill up. The only issue I've had with this board was I didn't upgrade the BIOS when I first got them and encountered a VMotion issue which would take one of my NICs down and lose access to the storage. Upgrading the BIOS quickly fixed that one.

I'll see how mine is performing and post back.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this yet? I will need IPMI to play around with DPM.

DPM works fine without using IPMI. I don't even have the IPMI config on my hosts filled out right now in my lab. I assume it's using WoL. I think this log bug will hit you whether you configure IPMI in the power management or not as it's using it for logging. I'm using the fan headers so it hasn't been a problem.

From post #35, it should be fixed from that patch bundle onwards; at least I've had zero issues since.

Been running for 3 months, 1 power failure somewhere in there as well; and logs aren't ballooning out of control like they use to with IPMI enabled.

Back