- Joined
- Aug 4, 2004
- Messages
- 2,658
OK, I'm not sure what exactly is going on here...
I built an ESXi 4.1 "white box" with the following components;
MB - Supermicro X8ST3-F
CPU - Intel Xeon e5640 (w/ Hyperthreading enabled)
Memory - 12 GB Kingston ECC DDR3
When I create a VM, even though I designate more than 2 vCPU to the VM, Task Manager only shows 2. Looking at Device Manager I see 4 CPU's for example, but everything else reports back as 2 (Task Manager, Perfmon, etc.).
Am I missing something here? I've tried this with Server 2003, WinXP, and Windows 7 with the same results. The only OS that will show more than 2 CPU is Server 2008 R2.
I built an ESXi 4.1 "white box" with the following components;
MB - Supermicro X8ST3-F
CPU - Intel Xeon e5640 (w/ Hyperthreading enabled)
Memory - 12 GB Kingston ECC DDR3
When I create a VM, even though I designate more than 2 vCPU to the VM, Task Manager only shows 2. Looking at Device Manager I see 4 CPU's for example, but everything else reports back as 2 (Task Manager, Perfmon, etc.).
Am I missing something here? I've tried this with Server 2003, WinXP, and Windows 7 with the same results. The only OS that will show more than 2 CPU is Server 2008 R2.