• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ESX4 - Partial/No Redundancy for Multipathing Status

RiDDLeRThC

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
3,963
I'm having a hard time figuring out why I'm seeing what I'm seeing under the Storage Views tab for my cluster

vmware_partial-noredund.jpg


Seems to be an issue with ESX02

Profile Compliance is saying that everything is good for the configuration but I'm not sure if it checks the iSCSI setup. I think it does, at least the network switching side of things.

When looking at the Storage Adapters > iSCSI

They bouth show connected to 1 target, two devices (two LUN's) and both show 4 paths.
 
Profiles don't care about that.

Check the version level of VMFS3 on there - is it 3.33 or 3.31?
 
yeah, I've seen that with 3.31. Shouldn't be there, but you can ignore it.
 
redundancy.JPG


Guess thats better than nothing because when it comes to our SANs it does only have one controller so its not fully redundant but there is redundant paths.
 
Well, that'd be partial redundancy. Looks like they fixed the detection issues. :p
 
Back
Top