Eset & windows 7 x64-fresh install issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

I am just beyond perplexed here...

I've got a dell laptop I just did a fresh install on, did office and a few other applications, have all MS updates.

Installed Eset, updated eset, reboot. Anytime I right click on anything, explorer hangs then crashes. Uninstall eset, no issues.

Google isn't turning up much of anything, but this is just crazy. Any ideas?

Again, laptop has everything 100% fresh...

Active threat protection is on, otherwise vanilla install. I've got about 4 hours into this thing dicking with it and 2 years left on my eset licence otherwise I'd just say fuck it and jump to vipre.

Now that I think about it I think the laptop I have at home I am testing was having the same issues. urg!

Does it still do it when you disable Eset? How about when you uninstall Eset?

Maybe you can disable Eset and run Housecall and Malware bytes to ensure that you are clean. I have seen some viruses and malware screw with AVs.

Uninstall teamveiwer, no issues...going to try to reinstall teamviewer...

Does it when I disable, issues go away when eset is uninstalled.

So it stops crashing when you uninstall teamviewer?

Are you using the computer remotely when it crashes?

If you have a couple of minutes I would be curious if you could run a separate AV scan (housecall, stinger, etc.) to make sure that nothing is buggering up Eset.

I have had Eset on my mom's computer for the last 5 years without any major issue, expect that when using logmein any Eset window is unmovable/uncontrollable.

If you have a couple of minutes I would be curious if you could run a separate AV scan (housecall, stinger, etc.) to make sure that nothing is buggering up Eset.

I have had Eset on my mom's computer for the last 5 years without any major issue, expect that when using logmein any Eset window is unmovable/uncontrollable.

...It's a brand new install on a corporate network. Been running eset for 2 or 3 years now, just re-upp'ed it with yeoldestonecat not long ago...

It seems to be fine now. I went to ninite.com and grabbed a few things I needed/use there and at that time installed teamviewer. Installed office, acrobat, did upgrades for these, then did eset. After a reboot on eset, the right-click menu would stop working and result in an explorer hang.

Remove eset, no issue.
Reboot, still no issue.
Install eset, no issue
Reboot, issues.
Removed teamviewer(eset installed), reboot
No issues
Installed teamviewer after eset, no issues.

That's kind of how my morning went...

Back