Escape from Tarkov (Stalker)

Fuck that looks good. I could play that a ton if it ends up feeling like the video makes it out to. And if they get the combat and shooting down right. Could be awesome. I love the Day Z element and wish there was an actual decent game on a scale like that but not complete alpha buggy trash. Something that actually works and doesnt piss you off more then you enjoy. If this is actually like 60% stalker and 40% day Z-ish that would make my day. Definitely would be something id buy a real system for.

Edit- Just watched the "action" trailer and the combat looks pretty good. Nothing that turned me off at least. Damage seems almost realistic enough. Recoil and weapon handling is better then most games. Weapon customization is great looking. Not bad at all. Seems promising.. Hopefully this comes to us un-fucked.

Last edited:
Its an MMO, it will therefore never be like STALKER. Just because a game has an eastern Europe setting doesn't mean it is "like STALKER". The hand on door to open animation is nice though. Wonder why the AK has no dust cover on at 3:47? I guess you have to grind for basic parts? :p

I'd love a new STALKER game though.

Its an MMO, it will therefore never be like STALKER. Just because a game has an eastern Europe setting doesn't mean it is "like STALKER". The hand on door to open animation is nice though. Wonder why the AK has no dust cover on at 3:47? I guess you have to grind for basic parts? :p

Just because the game is a MMO doesn't mean it wont be like stalker either. Reminded me of stalker.

Oh god not ANOTHER survival game...

No one is forcing you to play it so move along, nothing for you to see here. :rolleyes:

On a positive note, I will be keeping my eyes on this game. According to their site the closed beta will be out sometime q1 of 2016.

Just because the game is a MMO doesn't mean it wont be like stalker either. Reminded me of stalker.

Yeah, the art style, weapon models, sound effects all reminded me of Stalker in a good way. Obviously the geographical setting helped.

I'm not really into MMOs but I will be keeping an eye on this. At least until the newly-resurrected GSC Gameworld puts something new out.

I agree,STALKER is strictly a single player,personal experience,MMO's just ruin the immersion. I had hoped the success of the Lost Alpha mod would convince CGI to get back into making STALKER 2,but apparently they don't recognize a good thing when they see it.

I am excited about this game, cause I have russian origins ( My grandpa is russian). But tbh, I have my doubts of it being as cool as it is shown in their trailer. Let's hope this will be real big, not like STALKER or METRO games, that are beloved only by true fans, not by gaming community in general.

Just had this game brought to my attention a few days ago, and I'm definitely keeping an eye on it. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another typical survival game fiasco, because it looks phenomenal.

Back