Errr... Whoops

Bait-Fish

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 2, 2001
Messages
1,149
So, I just found out that if you're messing with the System Time/Date (WinXP) too much FAH will object. I had set the year to 2006 for a short period playing around. Not long after I wondered why this (fast) machine was back on frame 1/400. I checked FAHLog and found it sent back the unit due to the unit expiring (MAY 30!). Dangit! :mad: At least it was only 25% complete *shrug*

/me kicks self
 
magnusvir said:
well, there is an option to ignore system times.

Yep, I had to enable that for my AMD box at home, for some ungodly reason the CPU gains 15 minutes a day and I don't run StatBar when folding (StatBar has a clock sync function).

 
m4yh3m said:
Yep, I had to enable that for my AMD box at home, for some ungodly reason the CPU gains 15 minutes a day and I don't run StatBar when folding (StatBar has a clock sync function).


OMG YOU OVERCLOCKED YUOR COMPUTAR INTO A TIEM MACHINE!

 
wake6830 said:
OMG YOU OVERCLOCKED YUOR COMPUTAR INTO A TIEM MACHINE!


No such luck, I haven't played with the timings at all. The clock is just fux0red, so bad it makes me laugh :)

 
m4yh3m, maybe you have to overclock it so much that it goes backwards. i wonder what that would do?

only one way to find out...
 
I lost a 600 pointer on the last frame the other day. For some reason my clock was in 2004 on the new AMD box and I moved it ahead, and F@H didn't even try to send the result back. Kind of frustrating. I think I'll start enabling ignore system clock since I don't want that to ever happen again.

MN Scout
 
I've been through the config so many times. I guess I've never paid attention to that one. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident (on my part) and I'll never do it again :eek:
 
Bait-Fish said:
.... Hopefully this was just an isolated incident (on my part) and I'll never do it again :eek:

We have heard that before Bait-fish!!! Yes, hopefully. :D

Ciao for now .....
GwilyaGwees
 
Bait-fish; I am calling you out dude! I am getting my computers out of storage on Saturday, and they are going into full production! I know that I will surpass you. Look out, here I come!

muhahahahaha

GwilyaGwees
 
rogue_jedi said:
m4yh3m, maybe you have to overclock it so much that it goes backwards. i wonder what that would do?

only one way to find out...

I'm not O/C'ing my AMD at home. 2600 T-bird runs consistant at 50c without overclocking even after 3 different heat sinks, 2 different thermal pastes, and a partridge and a pear tree. O/C'ing would cause China Syndrome :(

I know, you are saying get rid of the t-bird and get a barton. No way, I am going to outlive this cpu even if it kills me.

 
Back
Top