Error vista ISO

jcll2002

2[H]4U
I just DLed vista 32bit and I cant drag it into my dvd rw drive that has a dvd-r in it. The error is "Windows encountered an error when trying to copy this file."

What to do?

You need to use a proper DVD burning program such as Nero to burn the ISO image to the DVD as a data DVD.

You need to use something that handles a UDF file system. Nero, might, as some claim, but it's never worked for me. I've used Alcohol 120% and burned it without an issue.

For future suggestions, don't drag and drop...use actual software and burn your disks the right way. The built in XP burning apps is...less than wonderful.

To burn an image in Nero you do just that...select "Burn Image" from the Menu. I am completely shocked at how many threads have been created asking how to burn this. Not in terms of the UDF files system, as Nero doesn't burn the Vista Beta for me, but simply how to burn an image file in general.

Now, if Nero burns the whole disc and all you see is a text file, then you'll have the same problem I have. You'll need to get something that handles UDF images...such as Alcohol 120%

Back