error loading operation system

IISEVIL

Limp Gawd
ok let me nutshell this :-( school in 6 and still no sleep

i broke my harddrive.. when i used my partition magic boot floppys it said i had a bad hard disk

i tried to reinstall 2000... alas... my 2000 cd is broken.. I purchashed a new oem xp...

i installed it... the same

i used my hp only version of windows 98.. it reported that i had no disk or it was currupt.. it also said if it was cprrut that it could fix it... it ran a very quick fix and then tried boting into the installation... being hp only it didn't work... i couldn't remember how to get it to format my disk.. i've done it before...

i used the PM floppy again and it could see my partition so.... yay!!!!

i deleted the small ntfs partiton that was there.. fdisk kept the old ntfs but made the partition way smaller then it used to be... and then reinstalled windows... now it says error loading operation system

is there anyway to fix this problem without reinstalling again? my computer is a biatch and stops installation randemly... it was like that when i originally put 2000 on it so i don't think that is the problem...

if i have to reinstall please tell me exactly what to do... if i have to use fdisk of the cd please tell me how... i know i've gotten it to format my new computer before but can't remember how...

please help much thanks... i already spent 200 on this computer this week... and really can't afford a new hdd

thanks again

oops forgot... I have no acsess to other computers :-| I'm useing phlak right now.. :-|
i also have knoppix... in case anyone knows how to get my floopy working with these things... i can download whatever stupp you suggest...

and the drive worked fine untill i tried duel booting linux..

if that helps any...

First download Memtest86 and run it from a floppy or bootable cd.
That will check your memory for errors.
Then go to hard drive makers homepage and download a disk checker and again you should be able to run it from floppy or bootable cd.
That should check your hard drive for errors.
Both are self loading so dont need an os.
If either test show errors then you have found where a problem lies.
If neither then start looking somewhere else.

Luck.......... :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

Back