"Error loading operating system"...

zflajs

Limp Gawd
...I am mentally frustrated right now. (Yes this is posted in two sections, as I can not pinpoint what the problem is)

Alright here is my delimma:

I get home, turn my computer on, it boots to windows just fine. I double-click to open my web browser and my computer freezes. I could not ctrl+alt+del, and I let the system hang for 5-10 mintues and nothing. So I manually shut the computer down by holding in the button. I restart the computer and the computer will show my devices etc.. then, before the screen would go to the windows icon screen that shows it loading, my computer reboots. It does this continuously.

Ok so I figured my hard drive is fried/stopped working (one because I do not hear it spinning anymore). I luckily have a second hard drive and an extra windows xp copy. I boot from the cd and tadaaa my first harddrive is not displaying currectly and the second one is. So I delete the partition that was already on the second hard drive and reformat. Then I reboot, change the load from the hard disk and I keep getting this error. "Error loading operating system."

Guys, its Christmas, I do not want to deal with this, I've done all that I know and nothing. I am relying on you for any assistance, thank you in advance as well.

***P.S. this case is so ironic because I spent 5 hours over at my uncle's house reinstalling his hard drive and when I come home to get on my own PC this happens... sighhhh....

Have you tried just reinstalling the OS? Maybe someone got corrupted in there. A bad disk would most likely give you a BSOD.

Back