Error loading operating system

Bennyb

2[H]4U
So, i've been having issues with installing a program on my computer (see: world of warcraft) . Every time I would try to install the app it would freeze or auto restart my computer. This was happing in safemode as well as normal mode. So I decided to run a CHKDSK on my harddrive, which completed, then I defragged the disc, and tried to install WoW again. Now my computer won't boot into windows any more... yay.

I think it is very possible that the drive is dead. The CHKDSK and Defrag sent the drive over the edge into the netherworld. I would take the RES Sickness and buy a new drive. I hope you backed up your data. The only other problem would be Power supply, but I can not see that being as likely as the HD. Cheers

it could be some of your other components that's causing the problem..
it's going to be a little difficult to troubleshoot it if you don't have any extra hardware to swap out..
you could start by listing your specs..
just a thought.

ZeroH said:
you could start by listing your specs.. just a thought.

Umm, yeah, I'm pretty sure they are right there in his sig...

It sounds like your dirve may have committed suicide. You may want to try a linux live cd, and see if you can access any data on the drive that way.

If it isn't a dead drive, it could very well be corruption. Too high an OC(if you were), bad memory, bad power are some causes.

ah.. didn't see the sig.

if chkdisk didn't see any errors, then it's probably ok. I would check the other components.

Sounds more like a memory or cpu problem. Do you get any errors while running anything else (any other programs) or just installing WoW?

Back