error code 39 on my network adaptor

Siten0308

n00b
hey guys,

well I have recieved a computer, when trying to connect to the computer, gave me issues, narrowed it down to the REALTEK RTL8139/810x family gigabit ethernet nic, it was showing an exclamation in the device manager, tried to see if there was upgraded drivers, i went to realtek.com to get them, tried to install them, but it gives me an error message, saying like, cannot find drivers, or incorrect drivers. so i tried to roll back drivers, sadly i guess this person didnt save their old driver settings, so cant roll them back, tried to uninstall them, however same error message, sorry cannot find device drivers, so i tried to replace them in the drivers folder... no luck... please help... this sucks.

thanks guys

Is the NIC onboard the mobo or is it an outboard card?

If it's onboard, then go to the manufacturer's website and pull down the correct driver. If it's outboard, then pull the card out and look at the Main IC on the card and pull the chip model # off of it and search for drivers. or just post back here with all the numbers on the main chip.

Yes i have tried several drivers, i also tried putting an intel NIC card, but when i boot up, it installs the drivers, after bout 10 minutes, gives me error 39 for that NIC card, also the REALTEK nic is on board.

What OS?

..have you tried booting into safe mode and then uninstalling any and all devices that have exclamation points or are listed under unknown device ...?

Look up model number and brand of your mobo and go to their site (Asus, Epox , PCChips ... etc) and get all the drivers for that particular mobo ...

I have had issues where other devices wouldnt load correctly until after I first installed the main chipset drivers as well ...something to think about I guess

I have a windows XP pro installed on this, I have looked at the manufacture website to check however still had an exclamation point, also i will try and go into safe mode, hope it works thanks

Back