• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

error 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
2FA
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
7,080
I don't know what is going on but anything above 8.11 will not work with crossfire. 8.12 and hotfix, 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 and 9.4 hotfix give me the error below.

cferror.jpg


error1.jpg


error2.jpg


I am not sure what else to do other than be stuck with 8.11
 
once i got this error, i was pretty much stuck and couldn't even revert back to the drivers i had before the problem popped up. ehh, ati drivers. win some, loose some. someone suggested to me to try a clean os install but i've got too many other machines to fiddle with.
 
I had to reinstall windows to get mine working. It's due to some registry fuck up that can't be overwritten from a specific version.
 
I had to reinstall windows to get mine working. It's due to some registry fuck up that can't be overwritten from a specific version.

hmmmm well its almost been a year since i installed vista so it might be time to do it again.

​
 
Ok, I got around my code 43 and I don't think anyone has ever mentioned this one, as I tried everything there is out there before I had to restart because I screwed up Vista.

I started from nothing on this install. Updated as much as I could and got all the other drivers in and up to date before I started with CCC. The first thing I did was apply the vga driver to both of my gpus. I figured this way I would have a head start on things since they would both start out using the same driver at least. I disabled both Windows firewall and defender. I was getting a lot of install errors last time due to unsigned drivers and access being denied even though I run as admin. Next I installed 8.10 CCC package since that was the earliest that worked for me last time and also a lot of others. Next I installed 9.4 CCC package and magically, somehow, they both got applied to the gpus and no code 43 errors. I even have restarted and played a couple games without errors.

I'm starting to wonder if defender and/or firewall have something to do with this code 43 that everyone seems to be fighting with on crossfire. Just a thought right now as I still would have to talk to a lot of people to verify this, but I was getting a lot of access errors on the CCC install on my last Vista setup. That and applying the basic vga driver just to get things lined up before I started and really the only two things that have changed compared to last time.
 
wiped my system with a fresh install of vista and now 9.4 cats work in crossfire.

 
Has ATI or anybody else figured out specifically which files get 'dorked' to cause this issue? It just seems like a lot of hassle just to get a driver loaded. Anybody ever fix this issue by reinstalling Windows and had it come back a second time after updating? If you only have a small amount of programs, then reinstalling and possibly activating Windows is not such a big issue. What about the guys who have huge amounts of programs loaded?
 
If anyone is still getting this error, delete all your drivers, run driver cleaner or whatever, and before you re-install/reboot make sure to disable your network. I've had this happen before. Windows Update manages to screw up the install by adding it's own driver during the install.
 
Ye this problem led me to returning my 4850x2, didn't wanna do a fresh install again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top