equipment review site

xphil3

[H]ard|Gawd
Totally drawing a blank on this one and figured atleast one of you guys knows the answer here. There was this site I used awhile back, a review site that listed a ton of different lenses and bodies, and also listed customer photos with the particular product. It was huge for me when I needed to make a decision on my zoom lense I bought a few years back.

I know this post is a bit broad, but if anyone used this site it would not be mistakable. Its a huge database basically. Anyone?

Thanks in advance

DPreview and KenRockwell are two popular ones.

There are plenty of other great resources listed in a thread somewhere around here.

As far as buying gear, B&H is pretty-much the definative source for photo gear and awesome user reviews, but I usually just buy my gear on Amazon once I know what I want, just to make sure I get the best price.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
fredmiranda.com has a lot of user reviews and a very active forum (their buy & sell forum is excellent). I just joined it recently.

dpreview.com has very in-depth reviews, but they don't review everything.

dslrtips.com has good video reviews of lenses, and also offers separate reviews of certain lenses for crop-body users vs. full frame users.

Otherwise Google and Amazon work well.

i like photo.net, probably the google of photography websites but i like it ;)

Thanks for the replies again guys, and I actually found the site. Not a review site at all actually, more of "these are the shots I took with this camera/lense".

http://www.pbase.com/cameras

:)

BTW, Ken Rockwell is the biggest douche ever.

Last edited:
BTW, Ken Rockwell is the biggest douche ever.

lol I agree, I just read his T1i Review... here are some gems:

"I still prefer Nikon. I still find my Nikon D40 easier to use and carry, and it costs half as much"

"I wouldn't buy one, but that's because I already have a 5D Mk II and a Digital Rebel XTi I never use and I prefer Nikon"

"Personally, I prefer Nikon, but if you look at sales figures, Canon sells a zillion cameras and all these people love them."

"The very best Canon is the 5D Mark II, but its a lot more expensive and bigger."

lol - yeah, I started noticing that today. Wasn't sure what site OP could have been talking about, but I'd heard Ken mentioned a few times, so I threw that one out there. When I saw his site I realized I hadn't actually been there before - read a few articles (D90 and D700) and he seemed to like the Nikons just fine. Didn't read any of his Canon reviews - that's some pretty funny stuff.

Back