EPS12V Adapter?

Ruffy

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
2,018
Ok here goes
I'm going to be building a ligthweight server With these Componants

Tyan S2865G2 motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813151155

AMD 64 3200+ Venice
2GB Corsair Ram DDR400 (Crucial Is OOS)
2-4 HD 250GB WD Drives
Standard Optical Drive

Now I was planning on taking my Current PSU and putting it in the Server. And getting myself a PP&C Sli. The problem is the board is a EPS12V. Now I know 20/24pin adapters are bad But what about the 4/8 Pin EPS12V Adapters?

Adapters here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812145008

Should I Negate my PP&C Purchase in order to get a true EPS12V PSU?

The Server will be a simple file server running some backup routines nightly.
 
The Server will be a simple file server running some backup routines nightly.
For a very low power file server (under 300W) with 1 CPU & simple graphics, I wouldn't worry about using the adaptor.
The Fortron Blue Storm 500W should be more than enough. ;)
 
davidhammock200 said:
For a very low power file server (under 300W) with 1 CPU & simple graphics, I wouldn't worry about using the adaptor. ;)

K then 1 person saying go for it is enough for me :)

Machine being ordered

woooohooo im getting a PP&C 510 SLI
 
Back
Top