Epox 8KDA3+ Problems; unstable voltages

Shakshuka

n00b
So, I got my A64 system (based on the above mobo) up and running the other day. The BIOS defaults to 1.55, even though A64s are rated at 1.5 afaik. I can live with that, but the monitoring tool actually shows 1.504 most of the time. During little loads (opening a program) the voltage shifts between 1.536 and 1.484, and under full load it goes even higher. While priming it actually shot up to 1.6 once!
This is the first system I built myself, so I can't really tell if this is normal. I can't help noticing the board only has a 2-phase power design while most have a 3-phase. None of the reviews of this board even mention this so I assumed it's no biggie..

I tried o/cing and got errors in a bunch of programs at 220x10 (my RAM surely isn't the cause here since it's rated for 500MHz).

I'm going to be hugely pissed if I payed extra (and a good ammount of it) on o/cing hardware (mobo, RAM) that can't overclock for sh!t. Help?

I'm guessing this problem can be attributed to your power supply, not your mobo...tell us what brand and wattage you are running, b/c you might want to look for something more powerful and known for stable voltages. (i.e. antec, sparklepower/etc)

Back