Epic games?

Most games get kind of grindy or have some weakness. I really liked the HL games when new but I can't play them now. I liked Skyrim and Obvlivion but must confess all sword games have an element of suck to them. I liked the first Stalker a lot. That was very imaginative game. Problem was that game was so buggy it wouldn't let me finish it. I liked Borderlands games a lot because they were imaginative, fun and weren't too complicated . I don't like steep learning curves where I have to quit game a lot to look-up answers to issues

I would second (third?) the Mass Effect trilogy, epic UNTIL the end, also I recommend the original Bioshock (the others are good too) and possibly KOTOR I and II if you don't mind a little old school.

Bionic Commando on NES.

Also true, but very hard. I did adore the unique control scheme once I figured it out :D

Watching that head explode is just a gaming classic

Another epic game from the NES is The Guardian Legend. Also hard as fuck, and the passsword system sucked, but you can get around both of these with emulation save states.

Since it's always subjective it's hard to guess what you would like. I'd personally vote Witcher 3 because it seems to pull in lots of people who did not particularly like the first 2. My offshoot recommendation is Mirror's Edge.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

Planescape Torment

Stasis

Revenant

GEX

All of which on are GOG.com Check them out.

Last edited:
Contra for the nes was great i beat that game with the old code

up / up / down / down / left / right / right / left / a / b / b /a / select / start

code would give you 99 lives

and 1942 for the nes

are good epic games

I think OP is looking larger than life kinda stuff

Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite
Portal 2
Cryostasis
Dead Space(The PC port is just beautiful)
Max Payne 3(more fun than it had any right to be)
Lost Planet Extreme condition(another game that benefits from PC capability)
Dark Souls 2
Metro 2033
Prey
Singularity
Stalker SOC complete
Spec Ops: The line
Prototype(so pretty on PC)

Here is a YouTuber who made one about why Gothic 3 is his favorite game of all time! lol. While I might not go all that far, Gothic 3 is with out a doubt planted firmly in the category of epic RPGs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4g7WQcEXcc

Welp, just picked up Gothic 3. Dling 1.7.5.14 CP patch now.

Even though that youtube commentator was OBNOXIOUS, the game looks real focking nioce.

Though Ive never played any of the Gothic games(a bit before my time) I love Risen. I know Im in the minority there so I didn't suggest it.

Risen was a good RPG. I played it through more than once, which is reserved for games I really like. Believe me, it is a minority that can cuddle up to Gothic 3. The game gets a lot of harsh criticism. Most prefer Oblivion or Skyrim, but to me they are just okay. They don't hold my interest for more than 12 or 15 levels.

star citizen -
might be epic but there's a difference of looking epic and being epic hence it has along way to go it still has some bugs yet. its still to early to tell .

I got Skyrim for $5 last year - on sale of course.

I tried it back then & was bored silly after an hour or two (it is not CS: GO)...

I built a new box with way better graphics over the summer & I love it now.

I guess I got sick of FPS run & gun + racing games & wanted a change & it is great.

For $5 - I highly recommend adding this game to your library TODAY (winter sale ends today).

Worry about when you might play it later... and then add some MODS for even more amazing visuals!

Last day of Steams WINTER SALE = $5 again!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

not yet bullet. I really want to try that and MGS 5. But my backlog is so big I want to get thru old games by that time the new stuff will be on sale! lol

not yet bullet. I really want to try that and MGS 5. But my backlog is so big I want to get thru old games by that time the new stuff will be on sale! lol

yeah me too, dont really play the series but PCG spoke so highly of it, I might have to try it.

do you guys prefer getting the games from steam or buying it from whatever?

Back