Epic Games’ Paragon to Close on April 26

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Epic Games has announced that it is shutting down Paragon, a free-to-play MOBA that was released in 2016. The development team is admitting that it “failed,” as the game could not retain enough players to be worthwhile. A full refund is being offered to anyone who bought the game.

We’ll continue operating Paragon servers until April 26, 2018. As the player population continues to decrease, matchmaking times and quality will further degrade. Thank you for joining us on this journey and for your dedication to Paragon.

Wow. That is too bad. I recently installed the game and was getting into it. Was playing against bots learning the game and it is fun. This game also has one of the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen. You guys should check out a few videos. It is gorgeous .

Wow. That is too bad. I recently installed the game and was getting into it. Was playing against bots learning the game and it is fun. This game also has one of the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen. You guys should check out a few videos. It is gorgeous .
It is sad to hear. MOBAs aren't my thing, so I tried the tutorial and then uninstalled. But like you I did love the graphics and the art dept really stepped up for this. I'm hoping that they keep the Paragon team on payroll and roll them into other projects since I practically live next door to the offices in Cary, NC.

The legacy map and gameplay was an amazing experience. When ten cent took over epic they remade the whole game into a Mona brawler and changed everything dumbing down the gameplay to the lowest denominator essentially killing off any reward for talent or practice making it dead on arrival. Sometimes you get fucked for being greedy as paragon showed but u get rewarded for stealing another games king of the hill feature and rewarded like dirt night which was otherwise dead in the water. I hate epic over their handling of paragon and it's systematic destruction. However they still build the best engine on the market so I won't be mad for long if we ever get more from unreal tournament

It is sad to hear. MOBAs aren't my thing, so I tried the tutorial and then uninstalled. But like you I did love the graphics and the art dept really stepped up for this. I'm hoping that they keep the Paragon team on payroll and roll them into other projects since I practically live next door to the offices in Cary, NC.

They already re assigned the paragon dev team to fortnight which has grown larger than their unreal series at its peak if that's any indication of. How wildly successful it has become. It's like the WOW of epic games at the moment

They already re assigned the paragon dev team to fortnight which has grown larger than their unreal series at its peak if that's any indication of. How wildly successful it has become. It's like the WOW of epic games at the moment

That is really unfortunate... I just cannot get behind Fortnight. Anything I like about Fortnight is done way better in PUBG, and everything I dont like about Fortnight I pretty much hate.

This only means faster and bigger updates for Fortnite. 45 million players are playing this game around the world, and it is still climbing every week. On January 15th, it was announced they brought in 10 million more players in just a month. Then on January 19th, it was announced they had an additional 5 million play since the last announcement. The game is so popular, Epic has been having massive server issues the last few days as they struggle to keep up with demand, and frequently have 40+min queues to start up the game from the launcher. I know not everyone likes this game, but as long as it's absolutely obliterating PUBG and its slimy devs with their loot box scams which have yet to make the game playable or fun, I'm glad for their massive success.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't play online games. I'm always slow at playing anything, meaning I can only play once or twice a week, or often once or twice a month. It's impossible to get into any online game with that, and they are shut down before I'd even start playing.

They just merged the teams so merge the games. Make Paragon a game type for fortnite :p. Say its for the sake of diversity of gaming. Even though you know what the bread and butter is. Sometimes people will want to change it up a bit.

Really wish they'd push forward with Unreal Tournament. Game doesn't seem to get much love at all.

Sad news, this game was on my list of interests. I mainly played Dota 2, and am a fan of MOBAs in general. At least Fortnite will get more attention and increase in quality.

Really wish they'd push forward with Unreal Tournament. Game doesn't seem to get much love at all.

I don't think Unreal Tournament would have too much appeal these days. Back in the day where shooters where mostly 2-d (Shoot left or right), besides a select few like Starsiege: Tribes which made you consider "Up" as another possible dimension for shooters. These days you have the likes of Overwatch. If UT was free to play, I could see it prosper. But it'll probably struggle these days... and I say that as a UT fanboy.

Ah Tribes. I think I sunk more hours into that game than I did any other, rivally WoW. Loved the days when eSports was more cult-like and less mainstream. Finding information about 5150 games, for example too work if you didn't know where to look. I really loved the command view point, where you could see what the other player was, and relay the information to your team.

This was handled very poorly - sometime early December I remember Epic talking about their rollout to China and getting ready for the full launch in 2018. A couple months later, bam, they're done. Mislead a lot of people.

Development ignored the community since the new lead, Cameron something or other, took over. Too big of ego pushing crappy ideas that the players didn't want. It was going downhill, but instead of swallowing their pride and making changes, they just shut the thing down... It's a shame.

I don't think Unreal Tournament would have too much appeal these days. Back in the day where shooters where mostly 2-d (Shoot left or right), besides a select few like Starsiege: Tribes which made you consider "Up" as another possible dimension for shooters. These days you have the likes of Overwatch. If UT was free to play, I could see it prosper. But it'll probably struggle these days... and I say that as a UT fanboy.

Ah Tribes. I think I sunk more hours into that game than I did any other, rivally WoW. Loved the days when eSports was more cult-like and less mainstream. Finding information about 5150 games, for example too work if you didn't know where to look. I really loved the command view point, where you could see what the other player was, and relay the information to your team.

UT is free to play, the problem is that it’s still in the alpha phase and they haven’t done any serious work on it in ages.

That is really unfortunate... I just cannot get behind Fortnight. Anything I like about Fortnight is done way better in PUBG, and everything I dont like about Fortnight I pretty much hate.

Which underline how fortnight's core game wasn't fun. Since the game was a failure they threw up the hail mary of straight up copying Pubg and now they have their biggest success to date. It's really crazy how lucky they got with the king of the hill phenomenon. I hope it goes the way of pogs tbh.

I also really hope they let the mod community get a hold of Paragon, underneath somewhere is a fucking awesome game waiting to be reworked into a cult classic. If they just shut down the servers the game literally won't exist because you won't be able to play it since it requires login through epic's launcher and their servers.

Back