• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Epic computer problem, please help

Izidro

n00b
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
6
Ok, my friend has a computer I built for him about six years ago, it's windows xp professional and it recently began restarting upon startup. If it makes it into the OS, which almost never happens, or if I try to run windows repair it goes to a BSOD and does a physical memory dump. Any ideas about what I might try?
 
What's the stop code on the memory dump? I'd start with a memory diagnostic.
 
Moved this to the general hardware section as it is more likely a hardware issue...

I'd suggest getting the dump code and researching it.
 
Maybe you need to replace the motherboard battery. Check the voltage on that.
CPU fan, is it still working?
 
1) Memtest
2) Has any new hardware been added, recently?
3) Burn a Linux ISO (Ubuntu would be easy) and see if you can boot the computer and access the internet with that
4) Take the computer outside and blow it out. Be thorough. CPU / GPU / Northbridge heat sinks, PSU, etc.
 
Turn off automatic restart on System Failure, and let us know what the BSOD code is. Or you could try googling it yourself. Also try running memtest86 on it.
 
Back
Top