Does anyone use a Mini-itx for folding (Epia). I have one not running right now. I was wondering if it will fold like it does everything else, extremely slow. Even though its 1 ghz it is slower than my P3 600.
The consensus seems to be that they're missing some extensions (and some are at half the clockspeed) so they fold about as fast as a p3-500 or so. That's about right, in other words.
Does anyone use a Mini-itx for folding (Epia). I have one not running right now. I was wondering if it will fold like it does everything else, extremely slow. Even though its 1 ghz it is slower than my P3 600.
I shutter each time I consider taking my pc/printer mod over to folding. To make out with better odds I see a person getting 1 Wu done by the end of this year if they started folding with a Epia mini-itx mb.
Ok that is sorta harsh to say, but it is true.
I tried doing just that to leave my mini-itx pc on for a week and it only completed 7 frames.