Eonstor performance issues.

simm0

n00b
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
32
We have an Eonstor A16U-G2421 SCSI-SATA enclosure. We have had it for a while without issues but it is in a new configuration and perfomance is terrible. IOmeter is reporting 22-24 MBs.

The Eonstor enclosure is attached to the server via an Adaptec 39320A SCSI HBA which is configured according to instructions found on the Infortrend Eonstor Support site.

I think I have tracked down the culprit but don't know how to resolve it. In the RAIDwatch management application which ships with the Eonstor if I go to Configuration --> Channel --> Channel 0 (Host, SCSI, Speed: 40MHz) then I see that the "Current Transfer Clock" is 40 MHz while the "Default Transfer Clock" is 160 MHz.

This fits with what I am seeing. If I was expecting 80-100 MBs over a 160MHz host channel then 22-24 MBs over a 40MHz host channel is about right.
Does anyone hve any idea what would be limiting Channel 0 to 40MHz? Any ideas on what to do to resolve this? None of the config changes I have made in RAIDwatch have made any difference.

Cheers,
Simon
 
Back
Top