• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Environment monitors

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,427
Could users post the monitoring software they use to monitor their temperatures, voltages, fan speeds, etc?

I'm looking for a low resource program to run constantly which also has the ability to log data in Microsoft Excel readable format.

At the moment, I'm currently using MBM.
 
So far MBM is the best one that I've heard of but I'm soon to be looking for a new environment monitor because I'm upgrading from this Abit AV8 K8T800 Pro to an Asus A8N SLI Premium. That Abit as you probably know has that µGuru utility that comes with all their newer boards which was great. Now I guess I'll try the Asus NOS AI program and see how that runs but neither of those logged anything in excel except it posted an error log such as if your CPU got too hot or a fan wasn't running or something to that extent in just a simple .txt file.
 
Well, the logging capabilities of MBM are very poor.

The log intervals become inconsistent when you're adjusting settings (or viewing?) and it can only log AT MOST 1000 entries. Not to mention, it prefers to list the intervals with newest on top and oldest near the bottom. Excel cannot read it's timestamp formats (at least not without having the need for the user to find some sort of way to format it).

Also the "Interval log interval time" setting is as confusing as it sounds. It must be set to the same interval as the general settings interval because it simply logs the temperature from itself and not from the sensor.

For example:
If you have your general settings interval at 5 seconds and the 'interval log interval time' at 1 second, MBM will simply log the same temperature 5 times until MBM checks the sensor at it's 5 second interval.

The creator of MBM simply cluttered to many arbitrary settings for logging.
 
Well this Asus mobo I have in now has this software called Asus Probe, it monitors as much stuff as the Abit equivalent but features very simple logging of temps, fan speeds, and voltages but wouldn't help a non Asus board obviously because it's proprietary.
 
Back
Top