Envelop VR Launching Windows Public Beta

HardOCP News

[H] News
Envelop VR has just announced that a beta of its Envelop Virtual Environment software is now available for Windows. If you own a VR headset, and you want to be able to use your desktop in a VR environment via your HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, you'll definitely want to download the beta and try it out.

The world’s first Immersive Computing Platform that enables all of your Windows applications while in Virtual Reality. Download now and then fire up your HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.

I'm curious what the benefit of this is over Virtual Desktop which is a damn solid VR app already.

EDIT: Answered my own question...

I got the recently launched beta installed on my PC and gave it a try. The difference between Envelop and the other apps was apparent within seconds. There was one monitor attached to my machine that really only fits one or two windows at a time before becoming overcrowded, but in VR I saw these windows floating in spots to my left and right. In Virtual Desktop and BigScreen I could’ve only resized or moved the whole monitor, but in Envelop I can put a couple individual windows to my sides to focus on a single window directly in front of me.

Last edited:
You think? Unfortunately your boner won't be virtual.

now all we need are a Sino-Logic 16, Sogo-7 data gloves, a GPL stealth module, one Burdline intelligent translator and we're set!

I tried the rift, I don't think the optics are good enough for reading text, or working on your OS

I tried the rift, I don't think the optics are good enough for reading text, or working on your OS
I tried the Vive but was in going through demos and had someone else launching them for me. I would imagine small text would not be great on either device.
Steam Big Screen mode would probably work great.

Back