• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

entry-level eyefinity setup

uninja

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
110
What're the current suggestions for a relatively basic Eyefinity setup these days?

I've been looking at the ZR24W, the u2311h, or maybe the u2211h. The HP is maybe pushing the definition of "entry-level" a little. I probably would buy 1 or 2 now and 3rd one later as finances allow vs buying three Dells now. The company I work for has a discount with Dell and HP but they just quoted me the regular price when I called.

I like the triple portrait mode I see people using is why I'm looking at IPS. I have a 22" Samsung TN now which I'm perfectly happy with but am concerned about viewing angles if I'm flipping it sideways.

Any other models in that range I should be considering? Everyone loved the 2209wa but have to use an activate adapter?

I have a 5850, i7 860 @3.8, 4gigs of ram and mainly do light gaming(mmo/occasional fps), general office stuff, some photo editing, etc.
 
OP, I feel like you ripped this question directly from my brain. I too have been considering Eyefinity for awhile now, and with my new PC build rapidly approaching, I decided it was time to start researching good (but affordable) IPS displays. I too have a Samsung TN, and figured rather than trying to find 2 more of that same model for cheap, it would be best to upgrade to IPS. I'm pretty sure I'll be settling on portrait 3x1 setup, and I'm guessing IPS is a near must for that type of screen config due to viewing angles, etc.

I'm also considering the exact same display models as you, leaning heavily towards that Dell U2311H. I'm just hoping the viewing angles while in portrait mode don't disappoint (mainly for the flanking screens, I'm sure the one in the middle will be fine)

Any of you [H]ers that have any advice, please advise. Thanks!
 
What're the current suggestions for a relatively basic Eyefinity setup these days?

I've been looking at the ZR24W, the u2311h, or maybe the u2211h. The HP is maybe pushing the definition of "entry-level" a little. I probably would buy 1 or 2 now and 3rd one later as finances allow vs buying three Dells now. The company I work for has a discount with Dell and HP but they just quoted me the regular price when I called.

I like the triple portrait mode I see people using is why I'm looking at IPS. I have a 22" Samsung TN now which I'm perfectly happy with but am concerned about viewing angles if I'm flipping it sideways.

Any other models in that range I should be considering? Everyone loved the 2209wa but have to use an activate adapter?

I have a 5850, i7 860 @3.8, 4gigs of ram and mainly do light gaming(mmo/occasional fps), general office stuff, some photo editing, etc.


Check out this thead. I posted my NV setup.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1532103

That setup is really for an entry level config since the max res you'll be getting is only 3600x1600 in portrait mode. Plus you can get these IPS monitors for about $80 average.
 
U2211H is $240 right now.

I can remember paying $500 for a Sony 17" 4:3 LCD eight years ago in college so may bite the bullet on the smaller monitor. Wish I'd jumped on the 23" when they were less. Hard to justify $1200 on 3x HP ZR24W.

I should break down and get a better video card for my HTPC so I can game on my 50" Kuro :p
 
I don't have 3 of them, but I spent all day with my U2311h (arrived 8am) and I can say the viewing angles are good, color is fantastic, and very low input lag. No ghosting, no tinting, no banding to report. Contrast is exceptional.

That said...$240 for the U2211h (21.5") is pretty much gonna seal the deal. No reason to pay the current asking price of $319 for the 23" at tthis point.
 
Back
Top