Entourage 2008 email trouble

fenderltd

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2007
I am trying to setup an imap email address into entourage. I currently have the same account setup as pop3 and it works fine. The domain is with network solutions and hosted with them as well. The company had the standard package but the standard package does not allow imap. I got them to upgrade to the advanced plan($40.00) more a year to enable imap. I use my iphone for a lot of emailing so I wanted imap, also in case of any kind of failure. I have read all of NS's tutorials on mail setup and just cannot get anywhere. My iphone is setup to imap the account and it was able to send a message it seems... I guess it's time for a call to NS I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

helpful advice: it might be that because you have the same server setup as a POP account, entourage won't let you set it up as an IMAP account. What kind of error or message is entourage giving you?

honest advice: why are you using entourage in the first place? IMO, it's a huge pile of shit compared to the apple provided apps (mail, address book, ical)...

I like the way it works, used office for so long on a windows machine, I just like it. Everyone has there lil things they like! Let me try to add it with the "mail" and see what happens!

Well its not Entourage after all... My company hasn't called NS yet to upgrade the package! The one guy said they did, but its being done tomorrow. This is a new job and I am used to handling all of the technical things... not someone else!

Back