enough power?

ituggle

Gawd
I am going to build a new Bad Axe 2, E6600, 8800GTX box soon. I will only start out with one card. If I decide to add a second 8800GTX later, will the PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad be enough power for the rig. I will probably have about 3-4 HD's, sound card and water cooling.

I know the BA2 doesn't do SLI. If I made that move up, I would swap out the mb.

I think that psu would power it. 60A on the +12V is pretty good. However it would be a little closer than I'd like in my rig.

The Silencer 750 will be perfect. I'd recommend something single railed just in case, like a Silverstone Olympia, but that is rather expensive ($350) and loud (42db at full load).

how is the noise level on the enermax 850, enermax 1K, and the silverstone 850?

I am leaning towards the enermax for the modular cables.

The noise levels on the two Enermax's, is pretty decent. It's definatly not like a fanless power supply, but it's quite quiet. The only issue I see with it, is that it uses a single PCB, and a large fan, so it's extremely long.

The Silverstone, is a bit louder. Until you really start to max it out though, it's still reasonably quiet.

Only problem I have is its legth have to modify my case to fit. Have lian li 2000 plus case and have to remove one hard drive bays to fit.

Back