• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Enough Power for 6600 GT?

VisHeZz

n00b
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
43
Just bought a Gigabyte 6600 GT to replace my TI4400.

I have an Enermax LC-B350ATX W PSU (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/ImageViewer/100581.php?id=9)

Currently, I'm running:

P4 2.53GIG
On Asus P4PE Motherboard
GF4 TI4400
WD 80GB Caviar HD
Sound Blaster Live
Sony DVD Drive
Asus CD-R Drive
3.5' Floopy Drive

Will I need to upgrade my power supply? Or should I be okay with this? If I need to get a new PSU, I wanna order it before my GFX card comes in! Help!! Thanks :)
 
It should run fine as long as you dont stick another Harddrive in there. Should be sufficient for what you have.
 
shouldnt be an issue, I ran a 6600gt on a 300watt psu with 12a on the +12v with no issues. I run it now on a 350watt with 22a on the +12v and no issues.
 
Personally, I'd get mo' power...but its not required. Enermax is pretty decent. How old is it?
 
I bought this setup back in 2002... :( I cant buy anything new untill I graduate.. hence the upgrades. Okay, so I should be okay then?
 
Hmm..3 years old. If it was an Antec, I wouldn't hesitate.

I think you'll be OK. You'll have enough power.
 
Back
Top