Enhanced vision viewer replacement display possible?

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
My grandfather ( legally blind but has some vision ) has an Enhanced vision viewer. The screen has been going bad for months where the bottom of the display is garbled colors, and it finally only displays about a 4" strip. I disconnected the video cable and verified, the display is dead and not the sensor. He has a newer one also but hates it and would like me to fix the older one. It's out of warranty and they won't support it, or at least for more than it's worth they will.

The unit uses a Samsung LS19myakbbaza 19" VGA output monitor.. Could I simply get a Syncmaster 943N and hang it on the Vesa mount? They look identical and have the same specs. The only issue I can see is, it seems like the system powers the monitor on through the VGA port because with the cable unplugged the monitor won't turn off with the systems power switch. The actual monitor switches are covered up by a panel that is glued over the bottom of the monitor.

I figured it out. Part of the model sticker was covered up by a stick on cable tie. The model is 943N.. Oddly the monitor has no control buttons and only a single blue light for power. Ordered a $40 943N and it should hook right up.

Back