• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Enermax vs. Vantec Tornado

Chomp

Gawd
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
547
I have a 92mm Tornado ~ 120CFM @ ~4800RPM and an Enermax 92mm Fan ~65CFM @ ~2600RPM.


I plugged the Tornado into my Fan Only connector from my PSU, and it now does ~2500 RPM, which is about the same as the Enermax. The tornado is now about as quiet or maybe quieter than the Enermax. However, do you think it produces the same CFM as the Enermax now?

For CFM, is it proportional to the RPMs, which would make the Tornado push out ~63 CFM?

I want to figure out the best fan to use on my CPU...
 
I would venture the GUESS that they are equal.
Both 92mm fans operating at the same speed would have to push the same volume, unless the blades are angled differently.
 
However, the Enermax is a 92x25mm and the Vantec is a 92x38mm, so I guess that makes the fan blades bigger?
 
However, the Enermax is a 92x25mm and the Vantec is a 92x38mm, so I guess that makes the fan blades bigger?


I think you answered your question, bigger fan+same rotation speed=more volume
 
Back
Top