Enermax vs Antec

drizzt81

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
12,361
Hi lads,

Monarch has two rather nice PSU on sale during thxgiving:
Enermax Noisetaker EG701AX-VE-SFMA ATX 2.01 w/SLI Support 600W Power Supply
Code: 100365
Price: $123.99
Quantity in Basket: none
FedEx Ground: $5.90
-$25 MIR

and

Antec True Power 2 550 SLI ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply
Code: 100241
Price: $84.99
Quantity in Basket: none
FedEx Ground: $7.70

-$15 MIR

I am running an old Enermax noisetaker and have been pretty happy with it, but I somehow think that my 375W model is inadequate for my system (AMD X2, 6800GT, 3 HDD, DVD-RW, 2GB Ram), so I am considering to get a new PSU. Which one should I pick? Is the enermax really worth $25 more?

Greg
 
dont go by newegg reviews. they give Aspire psu's like 5 star ratings...
 
Yeah, I don't believe everything I read at Newegg... but when I'm buying hardware off of Ebay, which is a crap shoot anyways, I want to know if there are any issues. In this case, it appears that a bad batch of 701's went out. It may have only been the 6 unfortunate souls whose PSUs erupted in flames, but I want to know before spending $80+ on a used one.
 
Back
Top