• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Enermax Noistaker 485W PSU problems

acphydro

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
192
-5V voltages seem to be low or something...not really sure whats going on....any ideas?

I've only had this problem for as long as I can recall. I think that this monitor/even bios readings are wrong the BIOS reads -61.087 lol. Anyone ever had this problem before? My computer is completely 100% stable with a small 222FSB OC I don't have any problems with it thats just been bothering me. Anyone with any ideas?

-hydro
 
Absolutely nothing (assuming you mean the 485W Noisetaker EG495AX-SFMA 2.0) is wrong......that PSU (since it is an ATX12v2.0 PSU) doesn't have a -5v rail.
 
That's funny, it shows it as --3.xx volts...minus, minus...wouldn't that be plus?
 
madmat said:
That's funny, it shows it as --3.xx volts...minus, minus...wouldn't that be plus?

Hahaha!! I love math. :D
 
madmat said:
That's funny, it shows it as --3.xx volts...minus, minus...wouldn't that be plus?

ENERMAX Noisetaker EG495P-VE SFMA 485W Power Supply - Retail

its this one
this psu

However as far as rails go I'm assuming that this one also doesnt have it. Now I'm wondering why my CPU temp reads so high. It's a 3000+ Venice hovers around 40-42C idle. Runs at same speed at stock clocks. I've built 3 other pc's since then, 2 based on the sempron 3100+ palermo core for s754 and 1 3500+ venice both read around 32-34C idle. I'm trying to figure out if its just my board or not....or maybe it gets internal temp or something? Not sure.
 
Spectre said:
No that PSU does not have a -5v.

Thanks for reassuring me of something I was pretty sure of but wanted reassurance....I was assuming it was an error with the board or psu of some sort....evidently an error of mine assuming my psu had a -5v rail lol
 
Back
Top