• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Enermax Liberty 500w

emptyshell

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
105
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I dont see any PSU section, and since many ppl here use this PSU, I figured I would post here. I was just using SpeedFan and SmartGuardian, and I noticed my -12v is hovering around -3.7 or so.... Stupid question... but is it supposed to be that low? Do I have too many things on one rail or something???? Or are these programs just way off maybe? Or mobo detecting it incorectly? Also in speedfan my Temp1 & 2 are both at a steady 127C.... I think these might be my harddrives since they are identical and in raid... but I dont think they would actualy be this hot.... Also my 3rd fan (case fan) is plugged into the mobo and it says its at 0rpm yet it is spining... Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Honestly, I *highly* doubt that those are accurate values for your powersupply. First of all, I have the same Enermax Liberty 500 watt PSU as you, and I can tell you that none of its rails should be that low. Sounds like a faulty measurement to me.

Also, that temperature sounds incorrect as well. I could see 127 F, but 127 C is far too high.

I would say check into any current bios updates for your Biostar board, and then if there aren't any, simply contact Biostar about it to verify that it's a bios-related issue.
 
there is a power supplies section on this forum btw.
ok, back to topic
when speedfan says 127c that means its not getting a reading at all. ignore that number as it means nothing. you really dont need to worry about the -12v number only the +12v number. and software readings for voltages is usually off. if you have a multimeter you can check your 12v on a molex.


here is the power supply section
 
wow, dident even notice that psu section, sorry bout that, kinda posted this at 4am, guess i wasent quite all there. also how much does a multimeter cost usualy?
 
Back
Top