ENERMAX Introduces The STEELWING Aluminum Chassis

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bringing craftsmanship to the next level, ENERMAX officially releases STEELWING, a fully aluminum micro-ATX case with a panoramic tempered glass side panel. Its wing-shaped front panel with one pre-installed ENERMAX patented circular-type LED fan makes STEELWING not just a gorgeous computer case but also a modern decoration. Combined with the spacious interior, STEELWING offers a great flexibility for users to build their systems including hard-tubing installation. Composed of a premium quality aluminum body and up to 3.5mm thick aluminum panel, the structure of STEELWING is built to last. The beautiful luster of aluminum makes STEELWING stand out from its peers effortlessly. Moreover, you can enjoy the view of your internal rigs anytime through the large panoramic 3mm thick tempered glass panel. The case surface is further anodized and sandblasted to keep it from corrosion and prevent fingerprints or scratches.

I guess they got "heavily inspired" by the In-win cases. H-Frame in particular. But maybe it is just me...

Reactions: Esso
like this
enjoy the view of your internal rigs anytime through the large panoramic 3mm thick tempered glass panel​
The inside is not what you're supposed to look at, but if you do I prefer gorilla glass, at 3mm thick it might not shatter.

Also they should have opened that case up an it more to fit cards just over 300mm long. 290mm isn't long enough to fit some of the cards with high end coolers.

Personally, my biggest issue with it is the DAMN PSU OVER THE MOTHERBOARD. Seriously. WHY ? They could have moved the PSU in front of the motherboard. But i guess that would have not allowed to put an AIO in front...

(EDIT: a PSU over the CPU socket area is stupid - always was, always will be).

Personally, my biggest issue with it is the DAMN PSU OVER THE MOTHERBOARD. Seriously. WHY ? They could have moved the PSU in front of the motherboard. But i guess that would have not allowed to put an AIO in front...

I thought that too. WTF is the point of having a window when the psu covers most of the mobo?! I think it would have fit/looked better in the bottom back instead
and as mentioned WHY steelwing when is aluminum?!

I think AlumWing has a nice ring to it, also I don't know if "panoramic" is the correct term for a side panel.

Just noticed.

what
the
fuck

Just noticed.

what
the
fuck

Want to laugh even more ? Look at PSU mount :
2108.jpg

It looks like a normal PSU mount, with exhaust towards the back, the PSU fan pulling air from the CPU socket area (because the other side is a tempered glass, right?).

Now, unless this is a completely different product, how in the bloody hell did they mount the PSU that way ?
2113.jpg

EDIT: Oh, on youtube it is visible they used their own SFX power supply. Well, that explains it. Still, very deceptive image.

Looks like a space heater from the front. PSU location ruins the aesthetics. Meh.

I guess they got "heavily inspired" by the In-win cases. H-Frame in particular. But maybe it is just me...

Same thing I said over at TR... it's the H-Frame, minus everything that makes the H-Frame interesting.

God that's ugly. I dreamed by this date PC's would all be the size of a HPC.

I thought that too. WTF is the point of having a window when the psu covers most of the mobo?! I think it would have fit/looked better in the bottom back instead
and as mentioned WHY steelwing when is aluminum?!

I liked it right up until that point. As soon as I saw that, I was like ......What is that?????? Why???????

Panoramic view of your PSU? This is the most self-defeating mess I've looked at for quite some time (now there's something I though I wouldn't have a chance to say about anything else this election cycle)!

Aluminum case named Steel.

I guess AluminumWing doesn't have the same ring to it, but still... why would you even put Steel in the name.

Back