Enermax Case - New Project Awaits

RBall151

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
120
Hey-

I've had this same setup for a while, and it's time for change! I just got the PCI IDE Controller, so i'll have to round the cables for it..so don't laugh too hard about the flat old school ribbon cables.

I'm looking to add:
-Top Window
-Bigger Square Window on the Side

-Paint the Interior (SUGGESTION on the Color???)
Either Black, Neon/Light Blue

-120MM Fan on the top replacing the 80mm
-Dual Blue 12" Cold Cathode's

Any other suggestions?

Here are some pics:


Outside of the case:
Case-1.jpg


Guts:
case-guts.jpg


PowerSupply Wires: Any better way to clean up these HUGE wires?
case-psu.jpg


GeForce 4 ti 4200 128MB Graphics Card
case-geforce.jpg


Stock Cooling System on my AMD 2500+ Barton Processor, soon to be a SLK-947u!
case-heatsink.jpg


Where are the majority of those wires? Here they are:

case-hidden1.jpg

case-hidden2.jpg


I still haven't found a way to wire these cables to hide them:
case-messycd.jpg


Top overall case. I'm wanting to put in a huge plexi window on the side with a plexi window on the top that covers the whole top from the PSU to the CD drives.
case-top.jpg
 
Suggestion? Save the money and buy a better HSF, or at least clean out the dust every once in a while.

Otherwise, go for it!

BTW, why do you have a PCI IDE card? You can hook 2 hdds on the same cable without a performance hit, so why use up the extra space and IRQs and drivers and such on an IDE controller?
 
I normally have another 100GB WD on that secondary channel, but I took it out. I'm getting the Asus Board RMA'd because the IDI Controller went bad.


About the Heatsinkink.. I'm thinking the Thermalright SLK-947u.
 
Yeah I have the same version of the case.

I haven't replaced my window yet either. I was on a budget when I bought the case.

I'll get pics of mine up once I take pics of it... :rolleyes:

Here are a couple of shots of it... not very good though...


I made some graphics and put them behind that clear plastic... looks much better... I think :cool: Plus I put in some LED bolts I found at Auto Zone... they look cool and hold on the front panel... at least the clear plastic anyway. I just wired them to the 5V molex wires. Pretty easy mod there.

post198.jpg


In this pic you can kind of see the CD drive window I put in up top. But most drive windows look alike anyway...

Post199.jpg



Anyway mine was made by Enermax... It cam with an Enermax PSU... which I changed out later anyway.
 
I'm thinkin of painting the interior of my case...
any suggestions on what color?
 
ATX Seems to be the standard in all cases...wierd.


Any ideas for new mods for my case?
 
Back
Top