• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Enermax 600w solved all my crashing :)

Huggles

Gawd
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
844
Using the recommended-by-the-computer-store Enermax 485w setup with what I have in my sig caused a crash-per-hour while gaming. :( Any game that used a USB wheel would crash in 5 minutes.

One day recently the computer would only boot and stay on for enough time to get to Windows before black screening and then making this horrible sound through the sound card.

I upgraded by PSU and now... smoooooooooth sailin'. :)

Thanks for the help David!
 
espn2829 said:
cool. how much was it? and how is the noise?

the 485W Enermax you replaced, was it this one?

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103457

so that power supply is not good enough for a powerful system? I was considering buying that, but now I may change my mind.
:)


Yeah that's the one. It would crash a lot. On average once per hour. Sucked for games but I got used to it. I never suspected the power supply until I read this forum. Replaced it with the 600w and it hasn't crashed since.


2 7800GTXes
1 SB Audigy
1 DVD rom
1 ATA HD
1 SATA HD
3200+ Venice 1.5v 2600
4x512 OCZ 3.2v
4 case fans
 
Back
Top