Endless Legend

I really enjoyed Endless Space, but didn't think they finished fixing a lot of bugs with it. Oh well....

This looks very good too, but I want to see a few gameplay vid's before I make a choice on this too.

I do enjoy 4X and I do enjoy high fantasy. Looking at their roadmap is interesting too.

looks a bit like Fallen Enchantress. This has me excited, I just hope they can have a bit better AI and balance.

Endless Space is an interesting take on space 4X. Has anyone bit the Early Access biscuit and tried it out? Care to give us your thoughts?

Endless Space is an interesting take on space 4X. Has anyone bit the Early Access biscuit and tried it out? Care to give us your thoughts?

waiting on this too. I tend to play alpha games like they were release games and when the finished product is out im done with it. Might try to make myself wait.

Picked it up yesterday afternoon. Right now there are only 4 races to choose from, but the devs have mentioned there will be 8-9 @ launch. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm digging it so far.
Combat is turn-based and gives you the ability to setup your troops prior to combat. There is no tutorial so I'm really having to drill down into the mechanics of the game which is very similar to Endless Space.
Art style, presentation and music are really nice; no issues to report with performance or crashes.

If you're a fan of the genre and like Amplitude's games I would suggest picking it up.

I picked it up and am having fun, even though I am getting my ass kicked over and over.

just discovered this one today

strategy gamers getting alot of love lately...this and civ5 beyond earth should burn a few hours in the future

personally, I don't buy alphas/betas...too much can change

but it sure does look good

... If you're a fan of the genre and like Amplitude's games I would suggest picking it up.

Awesome. From your brief review (overview?) it sounds like they are bringing a solid entry into the fantasy 4X realm. I will likely grab this closer to its full release.

I picked it up and am having fun, even though I am getting my ass kicked over and over.

No doubt, enemy AI is pretty spammy and OP'd at this point. I've found myself rushing production of military units due to the countless waves of fuckers besieging my city...

I dumped 5-6 hours into one game and absolutely love it. Right now there's a 200 turn limit on the game, so games aren't that long. Victory is determined by score if you haven't defeated the other AI by then.

I absolutely love Endless Space even if it wasn't deep as other 4X games, namely the Civ series. If you played Endless Space you'll see many similarities with Endless Legend, like the FIDSI resource system, research tree, city management, etc. Here's a user manual for anyone interested.

For an Alpha it's stable and the only bug I encountered was being unable to equip a fourth trinket on my heroes.

How is combat handled in this game - is it like aow3/fallen enchantress or ?

Picked it up yesterday afternoon. Right now there are only 4 races to choose from, but the devs have mentioned there will be 8-9 @ launch. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm digging it so far.
Combat is turn-based and gives you the ability to setup your troops prior to combat. There is no tutorial so I'm really having to drill down into the mechanics of the game which is very similar to Endless Space.
Art style, presentation and music are really nice; no issues to report with performance or crashes.

If you're a fan of the genre and like Amplitude's games I would suggest picking it up.

How much was the early access and how did you get it? I keep getting denied any continuation from the purchase link :(

How is combat handled in this game - is it like aow3/fallen enchantress or ?

Combat is more simple than Fallen Enchantress. You position your troops on the battlefield (elevation is important, not sure about terrain) and select the enemy troops they'll target. Then it plays through each troop, ally and enemy, for the combat turn. Here's a video, about 51 minutes in he does a battle.

How much was the early access and how did you get it? I keep getting denied any continuation from the purchase link :(

Steam has it on the store.

How many people are playing this now? I have been playing for about a week or 2 and still trying to get used to the strategy. So far I cannot seem to keep up with the pace of the computer in growing cities and armies.

I played this for awhile. Your strategy really depends on the race you play as, since no races play the same.

I found the key is having a governor designed to make the most of your city. Also, the AI seems to attack all NPC's it can. So, should you Parley or Bribe an NPC camp, or just attack it and later rebuild? it?

If you are having a really hard time, then just cheat to help you catch up (ex. edit your save file).

Best game of 2014
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/24/best-pc-game-2014-endless-legend/#more-259887
89/100
http://www.pcgamer.com/endless-legend-review/#!

So I bought this on a whim whenever it went on sale during the Steam Winter Sale. Finally fired it up today and went through the tutorial. Holy smokes this game has so much stuff to play with! It's Civ 5 on steroids! Going to continue playing around with it today. As soon as I saw that I can make custom units, give them a name, and even customize their gear; I was hooked.

They just did another free update to add more free traits, units, factions, etc to the base game. Sometime in April there is supposed to be a cheap expansion with a ton more stuff to add to the game. And if your buddy doesn't have the expansion and you do, let the person with the expansion host. It will unlock everything for everyone who joins the game. That way people can see if the expansion is right for them, and your cheap friend can avoid having to buy the expansion.

Just wish the game had a free demo so that I can spam everyone on my friend's list with it.

Forgot to add that the game has sold 400,000 copies so far. :)

Last edited:
The first expansion pack will be released on April 16th and is named GUARDIANS, priced at 9.99€ (adapted to other currencies). It will contain the following elements:
•15 Legendary Deeds completed at the various ages, granting a special advantage to the first empire to reach it.

•5 Legendary buildings can now be built in your cities, only once for all empires. They have a special 3D visual on the city.

•10 Unique buildings: when some Legendary Deeds are achieved, all empires may build these special buildings, once per building in your empire.

•New Guardian mega-units. There are five of them, one for each element: Dust, Earth, Water, Air and Fire. They are built on a city and animate into a one man killer-army.

•15 Guardian Weapons.

•5 Guardian Gemstones (new accessory category).

•5 Global quests! You can now play quests in cooperation or competition with other empires.

•6 Global events: new random events which bring interesting positive or negative situations.

•8 new technologies which unlock Guardians or are unlocked by Legendary Deeds.

We are all very excited to see you play this new content, and cannot wait to get your feedback.

Thanks,
~Amplitude

http://steamcommunity.com/app/289130/discussions/0/610575007205820680/

having just upgraded the video card, this is at the top of my 'buy' list...the AI is the only issue I need addressed...at launch, forums said it sucked...hope its been improved

bought it, didn't like it, The city building once you figure it out is fine, its the combat I dislike, it seems to be an awkward place between autocalc and manual control, the same reason I didn't like endless space, I guess I should've known it wasn't for me.

I'm really enjoying the hell out of this game. I bought it for a couple of friends who play CivV and they haven't stopped playing it.

Back