End of my leash !!! help appreciated.

Krenum

Fully [H]
ok ... still having problems with my Asus A8n SLI premium A64 3700+ , reset the CMOS by unplugging the jumper it booted! , but my keyboard didnt work nor did the mouse so I couldnt go into the bios, turned it off and restarted, and NOTHING! wouldnt boot ....wtf!,

Unhooked everything but the CPU and mobo, got one long beep and 2 short, indicating that the ram wasnt pluged in, cool, because i took it out

Put the video card in , same thing one long and 2 short beeps.

Put the ram back in .... nothing would not boot.

last thing, reseated the CPU to the socket , went to boot , still nothing. =( .

all the fans get power, hard drive gets power, green light turns on , but still wont boot, monitor remains on standby , I have no clue what the problem is , I called asus and they said that it could be that the boards bios doesnt support the cpu and needs to be updated. they also said such eratic behavior of the mobo , might be an indication that the mobo is bad.

any further info on my problem would be much appreciated .

Thanks,
Kren

Also i dont have a floppy drive hooked up , this couldnt be my problem could it?, I didnt figure i needed one .

Krenum said:
Also i dont have a floppy drive hooked up , this couldnt be my problem could it?, I didnt figure i needed one .

I don't think thats the problem.

I think it's your motherboard. Do you have another one you can test it on?

na i dont, this is my first venture into a64 939 world =/

could also be your ram if its not booting with it in and not giving any signals. But more than anything sounds like a DOA board. Start looking into the RMA process, and if you can test the ram elsewhere.

I dont think its the ram, because when he takes it out it gives him the error beeps.

yeah I called newegg ealier today and there sending me a replacment.

the RAM im using is Corsair XMS PC 3200 Twinx 512x2 plat.

thank you guys for the quick replies , I dont feel so alone in this ;p

Good luck with your replacement board. Keep us posted ...
#1 (2005) : Athlon64 3000+ (Venice) : ABIT AN8 Ultra (BIOS #18, nForce v6.70) : 1GB Mushkin PC3200 : Galaxy GeForce 6600GT : SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme : Sony DRU-800A : WD 200GB SATA2 : Thermaltake Shark : Thermaltake TWV 430W : Dell 2005FPW : So far, so good ...
#2 (2003) : P4 2.4B (Northwood) : ABIT BH7 (i845PE) : 1GB Mushkin PC2700 : MSI GeForce4 Ti 4200 : Imation 16x DVDR DL : Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA : Thermaltake 420W : Dell 1704FPT

Can you still RMA without the reciept? I am having the exact same beeps, on post. If I clear by removeing the battery and resetting the jumper reinstalling the battery it will boot fine! And it is not everytime, it will do it 4-5 restarts in a row and then no problem at all. I hope I can find this reciept....or I hope it can be done without it.

Back